SUBSCRIBESIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
The Gold Coast is undoubtedly one of Australia’s premier holiday destinations.
Each year, the Gold Coast welcomes over 12 million visitors from across domestic, international and drive tourism markets.
The Gold Coast is recognised internationally for its diverse natural environment, a wide range of attractions and modern tourism infrastructure.
From world-class golden beaches, rainforests and waterways to theme parks, sporting venues, cultural events and resorts, our tourism assets provide an enviable platform for growth.
Increased consumer confidence globally coupled with the weakening Australian dollar has generated positive tourism growth and visitation from the Chinese market remains strong with new direct flights announced.
Our tourism advantage:
- 57 kilometres of coastline
- 100,000 hectares of world-heritage listed rainforests
- over 12 million visitors annually
- over $4 billion in total visitor expenditure annually
- largest concentration of themed attractions in the southern hemisphere
- over 150 hotels, motels and serviced apartments
- access via two international airports
- first convention centre in the world to achieve the Earth Check Gold Certification
- two multi-purpose stadiums
- host of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
- major investment in tourism infrastructure
For more information on tourism on the Gold Coast, visit tourism research and statistics.
Ready to start your tourism related business? Find out about starting a business on the Gold Coast, tourism investment opportunities and how we may be able to assist through our investment attraction program.